echoing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v to say again or imitate
followers echoing the cries of their leaders
- v ring or echo with sound
- v call to mind
- s (of sounds) repeating by reflection
a hotel with echoing halls
- For Rama, 41, remaking his city has been as much about art as politics, echoing his experience as an expatriate painter in Paris.
- To tell this story Gibbons and Moore deployed about a dozen fugually interwoven plots and an intricate system of echoing visual motifs.
- She's only served as governor one month longer than Obama's been running for president, and she's argued that her youth helped her clean out corruption in Juneau, echoing an Obama .
News & Articles
- 'Remember My Name,' Says Walter White on Breaking Bad's Imposing Final Poster
AMC on Tuesday released the official key art for the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad, premiering Aug. 11. "Remember my name," warns an intimidating, clenched-fisted Walter White, echoing the famous "Say my name" scene from the first half of Breaking Bad's fifth season. Beyond that, who knows what will happen as this great series comes to an end? In more playful Breaking Bad news, AMC has ...
June 25, 2013 - Mediaweek
- As Markets Falter, Stay Diversified
It's possible the past week was a nervous one for many long-term investors, perhaps even echoing the dark days of 2008 when it seemed there was no place to hide. Treasuries sold off. Domestic stocks sold off. Global stocks sold off. It seemed, in other words, as if everything was falling.
June 24, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- As Summer Arrives, Lakes Form on Greenland Ice Sheet
In mid-June, seasonal thawing of snow atop the Greenland ice sheet seemed to be taking off, echoing the start to last year's astonishing record melt. Since then, the thaw has slowed, but the pace is still "well above average," according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center. The image above shows one result. Acquired by the new Landsat-8 satellite, it shows the edge of the Greenland Ice Sheet ...
June 24, 2013 - Discover
- Nancy Pelosi in CBS News
Once again, the oilman in the White House is echoing the demands of Big Oil,Pelosi said after the president's remarks on Monday. "The Bush plan is a hoax. It will neither reduce gas prices nor increase energy independence."
- Mitch Daniels in Washington Post
Daniels said of Obama, "I'm impressed with his candidate skills, and I expect once he has finished running against Senator Clinton, he will depart from the MoveOn catechism. Why would America vote for a candidate echoing what Senator Kennedy has...