- n the repetition of a sound resulting from reflection of the sound waves
she could hear echoes of her own footsteps
- n (Greek mythology) a nymph who was spurned by Narcissus and pined away until only her voice remained
- n a reply that repeats what has just been said
- n a reflected television or radio or radar beam
- n a close parallel of a feeling, idea, style, etc.
his contention contains more than an echo of Rousseau
Napoleon III was an echo of the mighty Emperor but an infinitely better man
- n an imitation or repetition
the flower arrangement was created as an echo of a client's still life
- v to say again or imitate
followers echoing the cries of their leaders
- v ring or echo with sound
- v call to mind
His words echoed John F. Kennedy
- Sample check: the echo wave at moonrisewhen the first contact was madewas slightly higher in frequency than the outgoing pulse.
- The echo boomers will help keep demand strong for the next 10 years and beyond, bolstering the markets for rentals and starter homes.
- To get a clear, time-able echo, he must utter a short, sharp shout.
News & Articles
- Echo Therapeutics Submits Pre-Submission Package to FDA for Symphony® CGM System
PHILADELPHIA, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Echo Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq: ECTE), a company developing its needle-free Symphony ® CGM System as a non-invasive, wireless continuous glucose monitoring ...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Echo Therapeutics Submits Pre-submission Package To FDA For Symphony CGM
Echo Therapeutics Submits Pre-submission Package To FDA For Symphony CGM
June 10, 2013 - Nasdaq
- xkzero Announces Partnership With Echo Global Logistics to Launch xkzero Transportation Management by Echo
xkzero, the Chicago-based Sage developer, today announced a software development partnership with Echo Global Logistics, Inc. , a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation and supply chain ...
June 10, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
Obama said the criticisms he has heard "echo the very same failed economic theories that led us into this crisis in the first place, the notion that tax cuts alone will solve all our problems."
- Stephen Colbert in ABC News
The Web is essentially improvisational. ...... The Internet is the shortest, hardest wall against which your voice will echo back,Colbert said. "It's a big place, but, boy, you get an echo back really fast."