- s (comparative and superlative of `early') more early than; most early
a fashion popular in earlier times
his earlier work reflects the influence of his teacher
- a at or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time
- a being or occurring at an early stage of development
- s belonging to the distant past
- s very young
- a of an early stage in the development of a language or literature
- s expected in the near future
- r earlier in time; previously
he called me the day before but your call had come even earlier
her parents had died four years earlier
I mentioned that problem earlier
- r comparatives of `soon' or `early'
came earlier than I expected
- r before now
- New data suggest that treatment for HIV may save more lives if started earlier, sparking debate among experts.
- There was a joke floating around Republican circles earlier this year that was decently funny, by Washington standards, and had the added virtue of being true: Barack Obama has .
- So when five dozen birds fell from the sky earlier this month talk shows and chatrooms were ablaze with theories and outrage over what killed Austin's grackles.
News & Articles
- Addition of Trevor Lacey gives NC State another weapon for its 2014-15 backcourt
Hours after reports surfaced earlier this month that he had chosen NC State, ex-Alabama guard Trevor Lacey quickly refuted them. "Don't start the rumors," he tweeted. "I haven't made a decision." Lacey may not have been ready to make it … Continue reading ?
June 18, 2013 - The Dagger: College Basketball Blog via Yahoo! Sports
- Royalty Pharma Informs Elan Stockholders About The Consequences Arising From The Results Of The Elan EGM Earlier Today
NEW YORK, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As the Share Repurchase Resolution has been passed at the Elan EGM earlier today, Royalty Pharma's Offer for Elan Corporation, plc (NYSE: ELN) has lapsed in accordance ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- The Dog That's Not Barking: Where's The Big Social Cause of Edward Snowden?
Earlier today, the Guardian newspaper set up a a public chat for National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden, presumably from Hong Kong where he decamped in the course of providing the Guardian and the Washington Post with details of the U.S. government's domestic digital surveillance programs. The chat was a strange affair - slow-moving in its question and answers and seemingly controlled in ...
June 17, 2013 - Forbes
- Chris Bosh in National Post
I think Dwyane said it earlier: We're ready to sacrifice a lot of things in order to do that,Bosh said. "It's not about the money; it's not about anything else except for winning. I'ma winner, Dwyane's a winner, and we're going to bring...
- Barack Obama in ABC News (blog)
We are headed in the right direction,the president said from Andrews Air Force base, "But, as I was reminded on a trip to Racine, Wisconsin, earlier this week, we're not headed there fast enough for a lot of Americans. We're not headed...
- Bertrand Piccard in The Hindu
The goal of the project is to have a solar-powered plane flying day and night without fuel,said team co-founder Bertrand Piccard, adding that this test flight "the third major step after its first 'flea hop' and an extended flight earlier...