- n a person who fights duels
- In France, famed Author Ibanez, himself no mean duellist, although "he has never yet succeeded in killing anyone," received the challenge.
- Consider the tragedy of Isadora Persano, "the well-known journalist and duellist who was found stark mad with a matchbox in front of him which contained a worm said to be unknown .
- Conan Doyle suggests one in The Problem of Thor Bridge: "That of Isadora Persano, the well-known journalist and duellist, who was found stark staring mad with a matchbox in .
News & Articles
- SIDE STREETS: In Fall River, 'baseballists' brought game to the fore
They called them “baseballists” in the early days, a word that echoes words like “cellist,” “duellist” or “radiologist.” They didn’t start calling them “baseball players” for a while, and it may be that the use of the word “player” diminishes the seriousness of the occupation.
Aug. 9, 2013 - Fall River Herald News