dripping : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a liquid (as water) that flows in drops (as from the eaves of house)
- n the sound of a liquid falling drop by drop
the constant sound of dripping irritated him
- v fall in drops
Water is dripping from the faucet
- v let or cause to fall in drops
- r extremely wet
- For a prolific author who writes a book approximately every 15 months, that means it may be at least another three years before we once again see blood dripping off her pages.
- Melt enough Greenland ice, and you reach the point at which you're not simply dripping meltwater into the sea but dumping whole glaciers.
- About 400 diamond-dripping, air-kissing Indians decked out in brands like Manolo Blahnik and Balenciaga sipped champagne and sampled canaps as they watched Bollywood star Shah .
News & Articles
- Central Coast berry farmers face fumigant tests
WATSONVILLE — Strawberry farmer Miguel Ramos walked past rows of verdant plants dripping with plump red fruit in his fields off Ranport Road. Then he stopped and pointed to several patches splotched brown with dead and dying plants. Ramos has been farming on the 35 acres for two decades.
June 17, 2013 - The Monterey County Herald
- Fire causes major damage to home near Wildcat Creek
Firefighters dripping with sweat rested outside the house at 6502 E. County Road 100 N. after fighting a fire for nearly 40 minutes. The fire consumed about a quarter of the house and left most of the remaining portions with smoke and water damage, said Buck Creek Fire Chief Mike Welborn.
June 14, 2013 - Journal & Courier
- Softball coaches at Dripping Springs, Leander retire
The birth of his first grandchild led Dripping Springs coach Keith Tuck to look ahead to life after high school softball.
June 13, 2013 - Austin American-Statesman
- Miquel Barcelo in International Herald Tribune
On a day of immense heat in the middle of the Sahel desert, I recall with vivacity the mirage of an image of the world dripping toward the sky,Barcelo says. "Trees, dunes, donkeys, multicolored beings flowing drop by drop."
- Clint Hurdle in Edmonton Sun
It is a museum. It's a baseball museum,said NL manager Clint Hurdle, who listed Yankee Stadium alongside Boston's Fenway Park and Chicago's Wrigley Field. "They're dripping with the historic ambiance of the game - the individuals that have...
- Paul Prudhomme in Washington Post
And there's nothing wrong with dripping a little pork loin in there,said Prudhomme, who is famously overweight himself.