dram : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a unit of apothecary weight equal to an eighth of an ounce or to 60 grains
- n 1/16 ounce or 1.771 grams
- n the basic unit of money in Armenia
- HBO LATINO If True Blood isn't doing it for you, you have one other HBO drama option while you (or at least I) anxiously await the return of Big Love next year.
- STMicro was criticized for not jumping in when the dram cycle was up.
- dram: a man just doesn't give a dram.
News & Articles
- DRAM inventor honored with prestigious Japanese award
A U.S. researcher at IBM who invented the basic building block of the modern DRAM has been honored with a prestigious Japanese award and a $500,000 prize. Robert Dennard was given the Kyoto Prize in the electronics category on Friday, awarded by the Inamori Foundation. The first DRAM chip that used his technology went on sale in 1973. DRAM at that time had less storage than current versions—it ...
June 21, 2013 - PC World
- U.S. inventor of DRAM tech honored with Japan award
A U.S. researcher at IBM who invented the basic building block of the modern DRAM has been honored with a prestigious Japanese award and a US$500,000 prize.
June 21, 2013 - TechWorld
- DRAM prices up as market matures: IHS
Oversupply and decreasing demand, which in turn led to weak pricing, have put pressure on the DRAM market. But now the industry has matured in such a way that is can still grow despite tough conditions.
June 19, 2013 - ZDNet
- Ma Ying-jeou in PC World
The plight of the DRAM industry is very much known to the government and we are taking effective measures to help,Taiwan's President Ma Ying-jeou said in a news conference with foreign journalists.
- Elpida in Business Wire (press release)
Yukio Sakamoto, President and CEO of Elpida said "Our R&D effort has given us the lead in DRAM technology. In the tough, competitive industry that we are in, however, faster and more efficient development of new process technologies is becoming...
- Greg Abbott in Bloomberg
Abbott said the chip makers, as a group, were "virtually the sole sources for the acquisition of DRAM chips."