doyen : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a man who is the senior member of a group
- After the film screening reporters ran into John Smith, the doyen of movie critics.
- Designed by the international architectural doyens, Burj Khalifa is the tallest manmade structure in the world.
- The Portuguese doyen, Manoel de Oliveira, indestructible at 98, had a film here (he co-starred with his grandson), as did Eric Rohmer, 87, Richard Attenborough, 84, Sidney Lumet .
News & Articles
- Neymar-Investing Hedge Fund Doyen Said Backed by Kazakh Family
A property developer and luxury hotel chain owner are among a small group of investment partners in Doyen Capital LLP, which has made bets on the career of soccer stars Neymar and Radamel Falcao, two people who have worked with the hedge fund said.
July 2, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Saeed bin Suroor in RTE.ie
Bin Suroor told www.godolphin.com: "After the King George last year, we took Doyen to Ireland and then to Newmarket for the Champion Stakes and he disappointed so we decided to give him a rest. When he was in Dubai for the winter and until three...
- Mangosuthu Buthelezi in Independent Online
IFP leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi said: "Inkosi Gumede and I travelled a long road together. He was a man of principle, the doyen of community-based politics, and a humble servant of his people."
- Frankie Dettori in Telegraph.co.uk
Reflecting on his time in England, Dettori said: "This country has taken me as one of its own children and this was a great milestone for me. It was a relief when Nightfall won, because I didn't really want the extra pressure of Doyen being the one...