- n a woman who is the senior member of a group
- Once a society doyenne swooned at Billy at a luncheon: "He is so eloquent and so handsome," she said.
- Nutritionist, author and food-policy doyenne Marion Nestle has blogged and written extensively about the issue and says in response to the commercials, "Lots of people think high .
- In a 2007 Pew survey of black America, Bill Cosby was rated second among public figures believed to have the best influence on African Americans; Oprah, not exactly a doyenne of .
News & Articles
- The Quotable Martha Stewart: Some wisdom from decorating doyenne and...
Some wisdom from decorating doyenne and Match.com shill Martha Stewart: "Use your homes as your laboratories," she advised recently at Manhttan's 92nd Street Y, where she participated in an on-stage chat with Bravo's Andy Cohen. "Edit and put together a...
June 19, 2013 - Curbed
- Paula Deen Clarifies: She Used the N-Word to Describe a Bad Black Guy
TMZ has just released a partial transcript of the deposition in which the doyenne of diabetes, celebrity chef Paula Deen, reveals that "of course" she has thrown around racial slurs once or twice in her life. But only when she was talking about a black guy who robbed her. And maybe when repeating something that was said to her. Or maybe when relaying a conversation between black people. Or maybe ...
June 19, 2013 - Gawker
- Pope Benedict XVI in International Herald Tribune
Benedict told Girau: "They tell me that you are the doyenne of Cagliari."
- Ricky Jay in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Jay explains in the book, "To record the death of my dice, I called Rosamond Purcell, doyenne of decaying objects, photographer of taxidermological specimens, memorist of Wunderkammern. Her studio in Cambridge is bedizened with objets trouves (found...
- Richard Attenborough in Times of India
In the foreword to her newly released autobiography,Bhanu Rajopadhye Athaiya: The Art of Costume Design (Harper Collins),Attenborough calls her "the revered doyenne of Indian costume designers".Anybody who has seen her body of work - Nadira's...