- n an antibiotic derived from tetracycline that is effective against many infections
Vibramycin is the trade name of doxycycline
- Contact and ingested forms respond best to treatment, with any of the antibiotics currently on the market--penicillin, tetracycline, doxycycline and fluoroquinolones such as .
- And since doxycycline works against Lyme disease as well, doctors can, when in doubt, cover all contingencies by using this drug for patients who have been bitten by a tick.
- They found two drugs were considered feasible treatments for anthrax: Penicillin and doxycycline.
News & Articles
- Hikma Rises to Record Price on Doxycycline Boost: London Mover
Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc advanced to the highest price on record after the U.K. drugmaker raised its 2013 sales forecast, citing “excellent performance” of its doxycycline antibiotic.
July 8, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Hikma raises full-year revenue forecast
(Reuters) - Hikma Pharmaceuticals Plc said it expects revenue to rise 17 percent in 2013, up from its previous forecast of 13 percent, boosted by strong sales of its generic antibiotic doxycycline. The ...
July 8, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Peter Schoomaker in ArmyTimes.com
In areas where doxycycline and mefloquine are equally efficacious in preventing malaria, doxycycline is the drug of choice,Army Surgeon General Lt. Gen. Eric Schoomaker said in a memo dated Feb. 2.
- Dr John in guardian.co.uk
The doxycycline was thwarting the plasmodia (or plasmodiums - dunno I did woodwork not Latin) falciparum not the mosquitoes,says Dr John Williams, who works in the Infectious Diseases department at the James Cook University Hospital in...