doubt : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the state of being unsure of something
- n uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something
- v consider unlikely or have doubts about
I doubt that she will accept his proposal of marriage
- v lack confidence in or have doubts about
I doubt these reports
- Also, faith for many of us is interwoven with doubt, a doubt that can strengthen faith and give it perspective and shadow.
- I have no doubt that he takes great joy in the ride against the grain of traditional businessand that he feeds as much on the puzzled looks of those who do things because they .
- There is no doubt that Hirohito the man wanted peace.
News & Articles
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4 pre-orders break Amazon records
If there was any doubt about the commercial prospects of Sony and Microsoft's new consoles, Amazon has shattered it. The e-commerce giant announced Friday that pre-orders for the two next-generation video game consoles broke previous records held both for consoles orders made during the week of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) and Black Friday, (the day after Thanksgiving, when the holiday ...
June 22, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- EU long-range budget in doubt
LUXEMBOURG, June 21 (UPI) -- A tentative deal on the European Union's 2014-20 budget was thrown into doubt as ministers hinted the Irish EU presidency was trying to ram the deal through.
June 21, 2013 - UPI
- Shailene Woodley's 'Spider-Man' Role May Have Gone to a Canadian Muse
Shailene Woodley is, without a doubt, one of the biggest rising stars in Hollywood. She's on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week for her role in Divergent. She shared the U. S. Dramatic Special Jury Award for Acting at Sundance with her The Spectacular Now co-star. She bagged the coveted role of Hazel Grace Lancaster in the Y.A. adaptation The Fault in Our Stars. ...
June 21, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- David Petraeus in New York Times
We are committed to a sustained effort to help the people of this country over the long term,the general said. "Neither you nor the insurgents nor our partners in the region should doubt that."
- Stan Van Gundy in New York Times
I think they're instant contenders,Magic Coach Stan Van Gundy, whose team made the finals in 2009, told The Associated Press. "I don't think there's any doubt. They're instant contenders to win an NBA championship."
- Muir Russell in USA Today
Their rigor and honesty as scientists are not in doubt,concluded the third and most comprehensive investigation into the emails. "But we do find that there has been a consistent pattern of failing to display the proper degree of openness."