- n the main tower within the walls of a medieval castle or fortress
- Oldest part of the grim little hamlet was a "broch tower": a crude donjon keep.
- Then sheep and goats were easy to recognize, local fauna; good meant Giles the shoemaker taking care of the village ninny, evil Count ffoulkes who in his tall donjon Indulged in .
- In the good old simple-minded days, he admits, "good meant Giles the shoemaker taking care of the village ninny" while evil was "Count ffoulkes who in his tall donjon indulged .
News & Articles
- Lake Geneva: One-Off Rooms With A View At Chateau d'Ouchy
Granted, The Hotel Detective has spent time in hotels that seemed like prisons, but not willingly. Yet here he was in May at Lausanne's four-star Chateau d’Ouchy standing before an elevator sign that read “Access Donjon.” And the following morning he was tempted to ask his jailer that the sentence be extended.
June 28, 2013 - Forbes