- n the symbol of the Democratic Party; introduced in cartoons by Thomas Nast in 1874
- n domestic beast of burden descended from the African wild ass; patient but stubborn
- The donkey has long been the popular symbol of the Democratic Party.
- Anti-donkey or not, Chief Gonalves mulishly insisted that the donkey was dangerous and had to be kept behind bars, despite Farmer Fernandes' pleas that the animal had only kicked .
- A plump little donkey named Juanita kicked up a mighty rumpus in New England last week, brought pain and embarrassment to the American Red Cross.
News & Articles
- E3: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze First Impressions
Donkey Kong successfully returned to consoles in 2010 with a brand new side scrolling platformer, and now Nintendo will be delivering a sequel to Donkey Kong Country Returns in the form of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze . The plot of the game will see Donkey Kong's home island invaded by vikings, which will consist of entirely different animals from the pirate Kremlings of the original ...
June 12, 2013 - Coming Soon
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Impressions
Retro's next title isn't Metroid as speculated, it's a next-gen sequel to the excellent Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii. As such, it's a 2D platformer that features the same demanding platforming as DKC Returns. However, the move to Wii U has allowed Retro to add a level of visual fidelity and polish that far exceeds what we saw on the Wii. Donkey Kong looks great in HD, and we witnessed ...
June 11, 2013 - Game Informer
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze hits Wii U in November [Update: Trailer]
Nintendo just revealed a new side-scrolling Wii U adventure for Donkey Kong, which also sees the return of Dixie Kong. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is barreling onto the Wii U later this year. Update: Nintendo's press release notes Tropical Freeze is bringing its Donkey Kong brand of cool to the Wii U this November. Gallery: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (E3 2013) Donkey Kong ...
June 11, 2013 - Joystiq