- n (computer science) an electronic device that must be attached to a computer in order for it to use protected software
- Another would be to adopt more sophisticated password systems, like the calculator-size "dongle" that researchers at Bell Labs carry around to generate new passwords for each .
News & Articles
- PQI unveils upcoming micro-USB OTG drives and accessories
Taiwanese flash memory specialist PQI had quite a big presence at Computex , and luckily for us, it also brought along several new products to show off. The biggest bunch from the lot were the company's new Connect 200 and Connect 300 series micro-USB OTG dongles, most of which offer memory expansion that will come in handy for microSD-less devices. Do bear with us while we go through all six of ...
June 9, 2013 - Engadget
- Plug-and-play USB security dongle iTwin comes to OS X
A twin-headed USB drive called iTwin Connect, which allows private and public VPN services using a thumb drive dongle, is now available for Mac users running OS X Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion alongside Windows users. The secure-storage-and-sharing solution using the two-part USB key provides end-to-end encryption for mirroring files, allowing data transfer of files too large for email or ...
June 6, 2013 - MacNN
- Nick Hodgson in NME.com
We're looking for an underground-type producer for the new stuff,explained drummer Nick Hodgson of their future plans. "Soon too! Whether it'sa disc, download or dongle there will definitely be new songs coming out before our Isle Of Wight...
- Steve Wozniak in Techworld.com
Wozniak said, "The dongle can be programmed to delete data or shut down sections of the device. Once the computer is removed from the physical zone, the keys are lost or unavailable, and the hard disk is gibberish."