dong : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the basic unit of money in Vietnam
- v go `ding dong', like a bell
- This past week the dong jumped from 16,120 to the dollar to 18,500 on the black market as traders rushed to put their dong into dollars and gold.
- At Far Rockaway, Long Island one summer day 19 years ago, a tipsy slattern wove into the chop suey restaurant of Fung Kwok-dong, plunked down on a table a naked boy infant .
- Thousands of extra police will be dispatched nationwide to pull over bare-headed drivers, issuing steep fines of up to 200,000 dong (about $15) about a quarter of the average .
News & Articles
- Cho Yong Pil: Meet the K-Pop Legend
Cho Yong Pil’s Seoul office in the affluent Seocho-dong neighborhood is surprisingly neat and tidy given all that's inside. The room is packed with...
June 12, 2013 - Billboard
- Berkeley: 3-alarm fire at historic Nash Hotel
Berkeley: 3-alarm fire at historic Nash Hotel Firefighters contained a three-alarm fire Tuesday that burned a historic hotel in downtown Berkeley, authorities said. The fire at the Nash Hotel at 2045 University Ave., just west of Shattuck Avenue, was reported at 7:44 a.m., said interim Fire Chief Gil Dong. Four people were treated at the scene for minor injuries.
June 12, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- Dong Swaps Hybrid Bond After S&P Adjustment Hits Capital Plan
Dong Energy A/S is asking hybrid bondholders to swap out of a 3010 security that the company won’t be able to use in its risk buffers after Standard & Poor’s changed its definition of the debt class.
June 10, 2013 - Bloomberg