diviner : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who claims to discover hidden knowledge with the aid of supernatural powers
- s emanating from God
- s resulting from divine providence
- s being or having the nature of a god; 'tis God-like to create"-J.G.Saxe
- s devoted to or in the service or worship of a deity
- s appropriate to or befitting a god
- s being of such surpassing excellence as to suggest inspiration by the gods
- Already the water engineers have sunk four successful wells in the Chandigarh Valleyin each case the site was pointed out by the traditional Hindu water diviner.
- He dug deep into his own pocket to provide schooling for native children, and spent 150 ($600) to bring a water-diviner from Jamaica to find wells on the parched islands.
- A diviner foretells Siddhartha's salvific destiny: "This sun of knowledge will blaze forth in this world to dispel the darkness of delusion.
News & Articles
- Russell Crowe to Make Directorial Debut with The Water Diviner
Russell Crowe is set to make his feature film directorial debut with the period drama The Water Diviner , Deadline reports. Scripted by Andrew Anastasios and Andrew Knight, the film is officially described as follows:
June 19, 2013 - Coming Soon
- Russell Crowe to Make Directorial Debut With WWI-Era Drama
Russell Crowe is set to direct his first film, The Water Diviner, in which he'll also star. Deadline says Crowe has long planned to helm the picture, which will film later this year in Crowe's native Australia as well as in Turkey. Set in 1919, it's about an Australian dad ... More »
June 19, 2013 - Vulture
- Russell Crowe Sets ‘The Water Diviner’ For Directing Debut
EXCLUSIVE : Hot off the opening of the Superman reboot Man Of Steel in which he plays Jor-El, Russell Crowe has firmed his long-held plans to make his feature directorial debut. He is in talks to helm and star in The Water Diviner , a film scripted by Andrew Knight and Andrew Anastasios that will shoot in Australia and Turkey later this year. It is set in 1919, and an Australian father travels ...
June 18, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Peter Costello in The Age
I don't have a rain diviner,Mr Costello said.
- Rachel Portman in Telegraph.co.uk
The children have been displaced by an enormous storm at the beginning of the work, and they'll gather under a banner saying 'Lost Children', which the Water Diviner will have,says Portman, best-known for her film scores, which include...