godlike : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s appropriate to or befitting a god
a man of godlike sagacity
man must play God for he has acquired certain godlike powers"-R.H.Roveref
- s being or having the nature of a god; 'tis God-like to create"-J.G.Saxe
- Tenzing had every reason to have his head turned by the godlike adulation he received after the climb.
- He enjoys the godlike devotion of India's youth, but everyone from the street child who sweeps train platforms to the middle-aged doctor in Mumbai's posh Malabar Hill hums his tunes.
- We meet at his company headquarters, in a well-appointed 40th-floor office offering a godlike view of the port.
News & Articles
- Newest Reason to Become a Developer: So You Can Stay Home and Chill With Your Dog
If the higher than average salary , luxurious perks and godlike status aren’t enough to convince you to eschew your liberal arts major and pursue a career in computer science, perhaps this will. Web developer Damien Sowers writes that he decided to pursue his current career path when he noticed how much his dog hated when he left the house. Learning to code, he reasoned, would allow him to work ...
June 24, 2013 - The New York Observer
- David McCullough in Starpulse.com (blog)
We tend to think of them as godlike characters - marble deities or folk figures,explains McCullough.
- Ian Brown in Doncaster Today
Of the new album Brown says "The NME (Godlike Genius) award and all that gave me the pick up and the confidence to really go for it now - so far it's sounding like this LP's going to dwarf the others. I know everyone always says their latest is...
- Claude Moraes in Times Online
...that it was hard to criticise Mr Obama because he had "godlike status at the moment", adding: "We should be pleased he has closed GuantÃ¡namo and acknowledged the existence of the secret CIA prisons. But if he's going to complete...