diving : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an athletic competition that involves diving into water
- n a headlong plunge into water
- v drop steeply
- v plunge into water
- v swim under water
the children enjoyed diving and looking for shells
- Fu joined the diving assembly line at age 7 and was shipped off to a Beijing sports school a couple of years later.
- DivingChinaAge: 26 Guo Jingjing began her diving career a little late for an lite Chinese athlete: age 6.
- Former Olympic diving champion Tian Liang.
- Michel Therrien in MLive.com
He goes to players, and he's diving,Therrien said. "He took away our power play. ...... We don't target the goalie. But, want to talk about experience, he goes to players and he knows what to do, I guess."
- Gary Megson in Northampton Chronicle & Echo
It was a nonsense decision,argued Megson. "When Rob Styles blew the whistle I thought he was going to book Ronaldo for diving. He did not seem to be sure what he was going to give. My thoughts on the tackle were the same as everyone else's...
- Sebastian Faulks in Times Online
Faulks said: "In his house in Jamaica, Ian Fleming used to write 1,000 words in the morning, then go snorkelling, have a cocktail, lunch on the terrace, more diving, another 1,000 words in late afternoon, then more Martinis and glamorous women. In...