- n a small plastic magnetic disk enclosed in a stiff envelope with a radial slit; used to store data or programs for a microcomputer
- In June a misplaced diskette containing one of Rove's private PowerPoint presentations included advice to candidates to "focus on the war" in their fall campaigns.
- Guests are given a diskette to install the speedy online-access software onto their computer (find out more at www.
- Even after this amazing week, Jobs insists he will pass the diskette to a new generation and then stand aside to let it run the program.
News & Articles
- First of the Floppy Disc: Almond School
I wrote first by hand and then with a manual typewriter. Starting about 1990, I moved “up” to a Tandy writing machine generated by an IBM “Writing Assistant” program diskette that stored information on floppy discs. No hard drive.
June 12, 2013 - Smoky Mountain News
- Don Norman in FierceCIO
On the other wrong positions, Norman writes, "I try backward. The diskette goes in only part of the way. Small protrusions, indentations, and cutouts prevent the diskette from being inserted backward or upside down: Of the eight ways one might try...
- Kari Stefansson in ABC News
I am going to suggest to open the manually delivered election materials which would include, I suppose, the CoCs, the statement of votes and the diskette used to send the electronically transmitted CoCs. I would open the hard copy of the CoCs... Juan Ponce Enrile http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Ponce_Enrile&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHMcVw-FklgtpKubKjMxk11RpUT_A Inquirer.net http://www.google.com/url?q=http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20100520-271041/Enrile-Approve-rules-for-canvassing&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF2IaA6MaFFLycnGExNCdWvlC1Syg May 19, 2010
28556 37431 dislikable These are counterintuitive, almost dislikable results," said Dr. Kari Stefansson, senior author of the paper on the study.