floppy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small plastic magnetic disk enclosed in a stiff envelope with a radial slit; used to store data or programs for a microcomputer
floppy disks are noted for their relatively slow speed and small capacity and low price
- s hanging limply
a spaniel with floppy ears
- Dumpster divers who make a living from personal information pulled from the trash don't care what form it comes inpaper, plastic or floppy disc.
- While most of the country may have forgotten about him since news of his capture made headlines and his bewildered face under a floppy hat was flashed across America's television .
- With a flourish, Fai slaps on a cool, floppy plaid racing cap, like the ones worn by Cuban jazz trumpeters.
News & Articles
- First of the Floppy Disc: Almond School
I wrote first by hand and then with a manual typewriter. Starting about 1990, I moved “up” to a Tandy writing machine generated by an IBM “Writing Assistant” program diskette that stored information on floppy discs. No hard drive.
June 12, 2013 - Smoky Mountain News
- Where's Floppy? Taking a break after a farewell from adoring fans
In a final farewell to her favorite childhood puppet, Julie Thompson of Urbandale laid a flower at the foot of 'The Floppy Show' display Sunday. Thompson was one of about 50 people who gathered at the State Historical Building to see Floppy one last time. The beloved beagle and his puppet cohorts are moving to the museum's archives today. Video: Fans share their memories of Floppy Video: Classic ...
June 10, 2013 - The Des Moines Register
- SAVE FLOPPY: Group Protests At Museum
Protestors wanted to make sure the iconic Floppy isn’t permanently retired at the State Historical Museum, Sunday. Floppy turns 56...
June 10, 2013 - WHO-TV 13 Des Moines
- Terry Richardson in ABC News
But, in the interest of full disclosure, Richardson added "I have to say that I'm a fan of a big floppy hat, always. It kills me."
- Max Mosley in crash.net
It's allegedly an employee [from McLaren] who took some floppy disks with him [when he left and joined Renault],Mosley explained. "We haven't had the complaint or the detail we have been promised from McLaren about that, but when we get...
- Mamie Van Doren in International Herald Tribune
The 'Golden Boy' was a perfect title for him,Van Doren told the Los Angeles Times. "His smile turned everyone on. His skin was golden. His floppy hair bounced so perfectly. He was just so sexy."