- v mar or spoil the appearance of
The vandals disfigured the statue
- s having the appearance spoiled
a disfigured face
strip mining left a disfigured landscape
- Her cover-girl face disfigured with cuts and bruises, the former Charlie's Angel movingly conveys both the helplessness and the courage of a woman trapped in a nightmare.
- The 52- year-old Dijon schoolteacher suffers from a rare disease that has left her disfigured by facial tumors, which will also damage her brain over time and eventually kill .
- Ambulances and private cars ferried maimed and disfigured victims for emergency treatment to Tarragona, Valencia and 120 miles northeast to Barcelona.
News & Articles
- Blinded by the White: After $10 M. Renovation, Newly Limestoned 45 East 74th Asks $30 M.
White limestone: for when you really want to make a statement. There are renovations, and then there's 45 East 74th Street . Originally built in 1879, the Upper East Side townhouse was tragically disfigured in the 1950s by a renovation that removed its stoop, stripped it of its cornice, clad it in boring red brick and punched holes in its lackluster façade for air conditioning units. But after ...
June 11, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Cardinal George Pell in TVNZ
Too often she (the Church) is weighed down and burdened with the sins and failings of her children; too often she appears disfigured and discouraged,Pell told the Pope.
- Nick Clegg in BusinessWeek
The US Securities and Exchange Commission suit last week against Goldman Sachs shows "the recklessness and greed that disfigured the banking industry," Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg said today in London. "We believe Goldman Sachs should...
- Pope Benedict XVI in NEWS.com.au
Recalling Christmas homilies of the fourth-century Bishop Gregory of Nyssa, who lamented a "universe torn and disfigured by sin," the Pope asked: "What would he say if he could see the state of the world today, through the abuse of energy and...