discern : Definition, Usages, News and More
- The journalist could discern a certain chill between the leaders at the joint press conference.
- The magic beam can discern one trillionth trace of an impurity with ease.
- It is left to tea tasters to swirl the liquid in their mouths and discern the difference between the good, bad and great tea.
News & Articles
- Cortland Finnegan responds unkindly to Craig Dahl’s comments
With social media, no good, innocent comment goes unpunished. New 49ers’ safety Craig Dahl revealed Tuesday that the Rams cracked the code on the 49ers’ offense last year. Through formation and personnel, the Rams could discern whether the 49ers were going to run or pass. “We had a few tips off of film, we were able to differentiate between run and pass early,” Dahl said. “That kind of gave us ...
June 13, 2013 - San Francisco Chronicle
- New Xulon Title is Road Map for 'Walking Out' Individual Calling
MAITLAND, Fla., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Quincy D. Brown's new book, The Q.U.E.S.T. for Vocation: A Personal Journey to Discern a Life's Calling ($15.99, paperback, 978-1-62697-333-6; $22.99, ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Jury Selection Continues in Trayvon Martin Case
As the questioning of prospective jurors in George Zimmerman’s murder trial resumed, lawyers tried to discern any leanings they may harbor.
June 11, 2013 - New York Times
- Mel Gibson in CNN
I'm not just asking for forgiveness,Gibson said in a statement issued through his publicist. "I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one on one discussion to discern...
- Bob Costas in SI.com
That probably goes into a different category because players feel that it's up to them to discern, whereas if you're looking up at a popup, you can't discern whose voice is whose,said broadcaster Bob Costas, who wasn't sure whether A-Rod's...
- Phillip Aspinall in Washington Post
The task before the primates now is to discern what response they want to make to the report and beyond that to the Episcopal Church itself,said Phillip Aspinall, the Archbishop from Australia at the conference.