dirtying : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of soiling something
- v make soiled, filthy, or dirty
- NICOLAS SARKOZY, President of France, to a man who accused the increasingly unpopular leader of "dirtying" him while greeting constituents at a Paris trade fair.
- At first, he went to Sanjiaji to buy, dirtying his face and wearing ragged clothes to escape notice by undercover cops.
- Perhaps the most jarring words dirtying the air waves belch from Number One Nose Picker: "That mother truckin' fud pucker!" screams Picker when a "four-wheeler" (passenger car .
News & Articles
- Attitude, effort already has Holt in elite company
A ticket back to Pawtucket could arrive at any moment for Brock Holt, but watching the infielder play -- diving into the stands, sprinting to first base on routine grounders, working the count, dirtying the uniform -- it all looks similar to someone the Red Sox have seen before.
July 19, 2013 - Major League Baseball