director : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who controls resources and expenditures
- n member of a board of directors
- n someone who supervises the actors and directs the action in the production of a show
- n the person who directs the making of a film
- n the person who leads a musical group
- The director who had been making the film died in a car crash.
- Disgruntled investors are voting more heavily against corporate directors over hot-button issues like big executive pay and poor performance.
- More than a few eyebrows went up when word broke that Leon Panetta would be President-Elect Barack Obama's pick to be the next director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
News & Articles
- Director Demme to attend Maine film festival
WATERVILLE, Maine — Academy Award-winning director Jonathan Demme is returning to Maine to help kick off opening night of next month's 16th Maine International Film Festival. Demme, who won an Oscar in 1991 for "The Silence of the Lambs," received the festival's Mid-Life Achievement Award in 2002. He'll be at the Waterville Opera House for the July 12 kickoff of this year's festival by ...
June 23, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Board director has 'absolute' right to view association files
A homeowners association manager who tells a board director he lacks the legal right to look at files kept at the manager's house is misinterpreting the law. Question: In my capacity as board director, I sent a certified letter to the association manager asking where our homeowners association files are kept. The letter notified him I intend to inspect the files and the premises because the ...
June 23, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Director Paul Feig turns up 'The Heat' in Boston
Director Paul Feig said his shot-in-Boston film "The Heat" is a love letter to the city.
June 22, 2013 - Allston-Brighton Tab
- Carl-Henric Svanberg in The Associated Press
He said Hayward "is now handing over the operations, the daily operations to (BP Managing Director) Bob Dudley."
- Guillermo del Toro in RTT News
He added, "Both as a co-writer and as a director, I wish the production nothing but the very best of luck and I will be first in line to see the finished product."
- David Petraeus in WTEN
I am keenly aware of concerns by some of our troopers on the ground about our application of our rules of engagement and the technical director. They should know I will look very hard at this issue,Gen. Petraeus said Tuesday, responding to...