diploma : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a document certifying the successful completion of a course of study
- While all recruits must have a high-school diploma or a general equivalency degree (GED), Army studies show that about 80% of those with diplomas complete their first term of .
- The FBI tries to throw the book at burgeoning diploma millsSassafras Herbert proudly displays her handsome diploma from the American Association of Nutrition and Dietary.
- State education authorities in Oregon who monitor so-called diploma mills have had their eye on for-profit Hartford University, which is registered in the tiny Pacific offshore .
News & Articles
- Diploma Policy changes; now allows for two degrees
Upon graduating this spring, Lauren Ashley Peet looked forward to receiving two diplomas – one for a degree in English, and the other for a degree in psychology.
June 12, 2013 - College Heights Herald
- NY Man, 97, Gets Diploma 8 Decades Later
Upstate NY man, 97, gets his high school diploma 8 decades after dropping out, serving in WWII
June 11, 2013 - ABC News
- 97-year-old man gets high school diploma
WATERTOWN, N.Y., June 11 (UPI) -- A 97-year-old World War II veteran finally received his high school diploma in a special ceremony in his New York state living room.
June 11, 2013 - UPI
- Barack Obama in Hindu
We measure progress by how many people can find a job that pays the mortgage; whether you can put a little extra money away at the end of each month so you can someday watch your child receive her college diploma,Obama said.
- Britney Spears in Stuff.co.nz
A source close to Jamie - the younger sister of troubled singer Britney Spears - told People magazine: "She's already got her diploma. She wants to take her college entrance test. She's not wasting any time. People don't know her. When she gets...
- Mitt Romney in Forbes
Lamenting that many foreign doctoral candidates must leave the country after graduation, Romney added: "I'd rather staple a green card to your diploma and say that if you can get a Ph.D. from one of our great institutions, we'd love you to stay...