- a not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure
a difficult task
nesting places on the cliffs are difficult of access
- a hard to control
a difficult child", "an unmanageable situation
- What is much more difficult are advances in the life sciences and the way in which we can master human biology.
- Was the transition difficult? Kareem Abdul-Jabbar:: The transition was difficult.
- Storms tend to run on multi-decadal cycles, so it's difficult to tell from year to year whether the number of hurricanes is really on the rise.
News & Articles
- Lupus can be difficult to diagnose
Autoimmune diseases, like lupus, can be difficult to diagnose. For this edition of Healthy Living, YNN met with lupus patient Nono Osuji and SLE Lupus Foundation Executive Director Margaret Dowd, who said patients can wait three to four years for a diagnosis.
June 15, 2013 - YNN Rochester
- Obama, Putin face difficult talks on Syria at G8 conference
By Roberta Rampton and Peter Apps WASHINGTON (Reuters) - After authorizing U.S. weapons for rebels in Syria, President Barack Obama faces difficult talks on ending the civil war there when he meets next week with the Syrian government's most powerful ally: Russian President Vladimir Putin. The pair will hold their first private, face-to-face meeting in a year on Monday at the G8 conference in ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- American Dream 'Much More Difficult' Today, Perry Ellis CEO Says
“It would be much more difficult to create today [an apparel] company out of nowhere,” says George Feldenkreis, chairman and CEO of Perry Ellis International.
June 14, 2013 - DailyTicker via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Indian Express
War is bigger than any one man or woman, whether a private, a general or president,Obama said. "As difficult as it is to lose Gen McChrystal, I believe it is the right decision for national security."
- David Villa in The Sun
Villa said: "It was one of my best goals because it got us through to the next round. I keep scoring so we can keep going. We never lost our confidence. We're taking it step by step. Here we have left a very difficult rival behind. We know the...
- Wesley Sneijder in Salamanca Press
The first half was really difficult for us. We were 1-0 behind, a great save by our goalkeeper on Kaka kept us there,Sneijder said. "At halftime we said to each other that we had to improve things and put more pressure on the Brazilian...