- n a bishop having jurisdiction over a diocese
- a belonging to or governing a diocese
- The changes range from diocesan government to such unusual subjects as the responsibility of individual Catholics to form their own attitudes on the morality of war.
- He's also clear about his role: it is to call people to conversation, not to intervene in diocesan or provincial life--which some people have been asking for.
- The diocesan debt is a modest $3.
News & Articles
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Amarillo hosts first rally for middle school students
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Amarillo hosted their first ever Diocesan Junior Rally Saturday dedicated specifically for middle schoolers throughout the Panhandle.
June 23, 2013 - KVII 7 Amarillo
- Pastoral Is as Pastoral Does
The post-Vatican II era has revealed the word "pastoral" as a decidedly fluid term. It introduced some of the Council's major documents. it was the active ingredient in new functions such as parish and diocesan councils.
June 23, 2013 - National Catholic Reporter
- Local priest removed after 1990s sex abuse allegations
A second priest serving at St. Joseph's Catholic Church-Hessen Cassel in Fort Wayne has been removed from ministry after what diocesan officials Wednesday called "a credible allegation of sexual abuse of a minor" 20 years ago in Africa.
June 20, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Patrick Kennedy in U.S. News & World Report
In an interview with the paper on Friday, Kennedy said that Tobin "instructed me not to take Communion and said that he has instructed the diocesan priests not to give me Communion."
- Terrence Prendergast in Globe and Mail
When Bishop Raymond Lahey called our diocesan offices on Wednesday afternoon, he was facing very few - practically no - options with respect to a residence in Ottawa,Archbishop Prendergast wrote in a statement that pledges co-operation with...
- Archbishop Peter Akinola in Scripps News
The Nigerian archbishop wrote: "You speak in your letter of centuries old custom regarding diocesan boundaries. You are, of course, aware that the particular historical situation to which you make reference was intended to protect the church from...