dieting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of restricting your food intake (or your intake of particular foods)
- v follow a regimen or a diet, as for health reasons
- v eat sparingly, for health reasons or to lose weight
- Because of all the ups and downs I've experienced with my weight through the years, I was afraid that dieting might have messed with my metabolism.
- And the list of most popular dieting queries are riddled with quick fixes such as "diet pills" and "the sacred heart diet," an urban-legend diet promising a 10-pound weight loss in .
- A country prone to dieting fads has convinced itself that bananas for breakfast is a magic formula for weight loss.
News & Articles
- New diet craze offers five days of feasting for two days of famine
By Constance Watson LONDON (Reuters) - Forget abandoning carbohydrates or detoxing. The new dieting craze sweeping Britain and taking off in the United States lets people eat whatever they like - but only five days a week. "The Fast Diet", also known as the 5:2 diet, is the brainchild of TV medical journalist Michael Mosley and journalist Mimi Spencer and allows people to eat what they want for ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Dr. Zorba Paster: Science has answers to weighty questions
For the past two columns, I’ve written about some of the things we know and don’t know about our “overweight” epidemic and some of the myths of dieting. With that in mind, let’s head over to the science table to see what’s happening.
June 12, 2013 - La Crosse Tribune
- Woman gets 16 inch waist by wearing corset for 3 years
You won’t believe this woman’s waist. Take a look. Michele Kobke’s waist measures at just 16 inches. And she didn’t get that small waist from dieting. Kobke says she wore a corset continuously for three years, dropping nine inches off …
June 11, 2013 - WPIX 11 New York
- Elizabeth Loftus in ABC Science Online
We believe this new finding may have significant implications for dieting,says Professor Elizabeth Loftus, who researches memory and suggestion at the University of California, Irvine.
- David Haye in Sportinglife.com
I've been dieting all through Christmas in the hope that this fight happens,said Haye, who is also eyeing a bout with WBA and WBC champion O'Neil Bell.
- David Blaine in PR-Inside.com (Pressemitteilung)
Blaine tells the New York Post, "This one demands a lot out of me. I run 13 miles a week around Central Park's reservoir. I'm down from 230 to 195 pounds in seven weeks. And of course I'm dieting. My raw diet has brown rice, no red meat or animal...