- n a prescribed selection of foods
- n a legislative assembly in certain countries (e.g., Japan)
- n the usual food and drink consumed by an organism (person or animal)
- n the act of restricting your food intake (or your intake of particular foods)
- v follow a regimen or a diet, as for health reasons
He has high blood pressure and must stick to a low-salt diet
- v eat sparingly, for health reasons or to lose weight
- Sales of the diet candy had been sluggish for years when Jeffrey Martin took over the product.
- OVERVIEW: Aim for variety, and include as much fresh food as possible in your diet.
- First it was fat, then it was carbs and, in recent years, the buzzword for the diet-conscious has become glycemic index.
- Michael Jacobson in Forbes
There's just a growing scientific consensus that current levels of salt in the diet are one of the biggest health threats to the public,says Michael Jacobson of the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a consumer advocacy group that...
- Sarah Palin in International Herald Tribune
I never asked for anything more than a Diet Dr. Pepper once in a while,Palin said as she returned to the governor's office from her two-month odyssey as the GOP vice presidential nominee.
- Olivia Wilde in CBS News
The actress, who stars in the new "Tron" remake, also says feels "way happier when I eat a plant based diet, and I feel about a thousand times more energetic."