- n the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people
the immigrants spoke an odd dialect of English
it has been said that a language is a dialect with an army and navy
- The jarring sounds underscore just how different a dialect can be from the Italian taught in school.
- White, male, and didn't he write in dialect? What does he have to do with the issues of our day? As it happens, many of these were also the issues of his day, and he addressed them .
- Charlie also recalls a few words of what has been identified as a Liberian dialect.
News & Articles
- Dr. David Li, Dentist and Owner of CT Dental Group Introduces Multi-Lingual Services for Oakland, CA Patients
Located in the heart of Oakland’s Chinatown District, CT Dental Group recently introduced multi-lingual services to better cater to the broad diversity of patients in their local area that require dental care. Dr. David Li along with four other dentists at CT Dental Group now provide services in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Fuzhou dialect, and Shanghai dialect. (PRWeb ...
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- Quirks in 'Utah accent' apparent in new study
A new study highlights the differences between dialects throughout the United States, and offers insight into Utah's own unique accent.
June 10, 2013 - KSL Salt Lake City
- Pop or soda? Dialect maps show regional differences
REGIONAL DIALECTS: While pop vs. soda vs. Coke, and the use of y'all in the South, have been long-understood regionalisms, the maps also show some surprising differences. Central and south-central Iowa calls a crayon a cray-awn, while the rest of the state says cray-ahn.
June 6, 2013 - The Des Moines Register
- Harry Reid in Iowa Independent
According to a book chronicling the campaign, Reid said he country "was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama - a 'light-skinned' African American 'with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.'"