designedly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r with intention; in an intentional manner
- As for Moynihanwith his long forelock that seems forever (and designedly) askew, his cherubic face, well-upholstered 6 ft.
- It was just thatdesignedly the "companion car to Cadillac.
- It is fair to assume that Congress, when it came to pass the Prohibition Act, knew this history and, acting in the light of it, deliberately and designedly omitted to impose .
- David Frum in Houston Chronicle
A lot of it was a black box, and I think designedly so,said former Bush speechwriter David Frum. "It was like - you know that experiment where you pass a magnet under the table and you see the iron filings on the top of the table move? You...
- James Harvey Robinson in Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
In the 1937 book "The Human Comedy," great American historian James Harvey Robinson said: "Political campaigns are designedly made into emotional orgies which endeavor to distract attention from the real issues involved, and they actually paralyze...