purposely : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r with intention; in an intentional manner
- He suspected that members of his staff were purposely trying to undermine the project and prohibited them from access to some of the work.
- There are some I heard on TV saying that levee was purposely busted so that the water would come in on that side.
- As for Kyle Dowd's lawsuit, it alleges that Curtis purposely failed the student after the rape case was made public.
News & Articles
- Top House Republican thinks Democrats purposely haven’t passed pensions
The top Republican in the Illinois House of Representatives says he thinks Democratic leaders are purposely not passing pension reform for their own political gain. There are lots of conspiracies for why pension reform hasn’t been approved, from the basic stance that it’s purely a legal debate over how to interpret the constitution, to another, more complex thought: that the powerful House ...
June 12, 2013 - WBEZ 91.5 Chicago
- Theft mode steals precious time from auto skills team
Worry set in as two recent Maui High School graduates could not start their purposely bugged vehicle during the Ford/AAA Student Auto Skills National Finals in Michigan on Tuesday.
June 12, 2013 - The Maui News
- Ohio Kidnapping Suspect Ariel Castro Indicted on 329 Counts
According to CBS, Ariel Castro was indicted on one act of aggravated murder for purposely causing the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy, 139 counts of rape, 177 counts of kidnapping, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, three counts of felonious assault and one count of possession of criminal tools.
June 12, 2013 - FOX 11 Santa Maria
- Michael Phelps in The Canberra Times
Anybody is able to say whatever they want. I know for me that I am clean,Phelps said. "I did Project Believe with USADA [US Anti-doping Agency] where I purposely wanted to do more tests to prove it." "People can question it but the...
- Shaquille O'Neal in International Herald Tribune
All of that stuff going back and forth, I think it was done purposely. I know times that I would say stuff just be saying it,O'Neal said. "But I can tell you for a fact, and you can ask Kobe this, our years together we never had one...
- Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami in Forbes
It's like the institution was picked up in India and plopped down here ...... Something our founder purposely tried to do is not dilute it or change it seriously because of where it is,said Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami, the current guru and...