- n (usually plural) close-fitting trousers of heavy denim for manual work or casual wear
- n a coarse durable twill-weave cotton fabric
- A fanny shortageBlue denim wove its way through the social revolutions of the '60s and '70s, clothing everyone from Yippies to Sun Day activists and pushing worldwide.
- Calvin launched new "premium" fits, including Levi's RED, which became the best-selling denim line in Barneys, and designed the Levi's Vintage Clothing line, culling from the .
- When Huck Finn put on his patched, faded blue denim overalls to go catfishing on the Mississippi, he never dreamed that he was anticipating a fashion trend for 1953.
News & Articles
- Nike LeBron X 'Denim': Love or Hate?
The new Nike LeBron X 'Denim' kicks are set to globally drop on June 22, 2013. Do you love or hate the new LeBron's? All images via http://solecollector.com/
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Meeting set to talk about restarting some production at Liberty Denim
Efforts to revive production at the defunct Liberty Denim Mill continue, following the bankruptcy auction of the old foundry last spring.
June 11, 2013 - Anderson Independent-Mail
- Denim Confirms new Recession-Proof Status as the Largest Denim Shopping Destination in the World Launches at Selfridges
LONDON, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ? The Denim Studio, which officially opens today, Thursday June 6, in Selfridges on Oxford Street, is the first and the largest space of its kind in the world at over ...
June 6, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Jonny Greenwood in Glide Magazine
It's getting busy in there -- busier than they expected,guitarist Jonny Greenwood wrote of the band's official WASTE store, which is selling "In Rainbows." "I sound like a bouncer. Get behind the rope. No denim. Thanks for your patience...
- Beyonce Knowles in CTV.ca
The first fashions will be in stores this fall, and the look will be "a mix of vintage things with contemporary things. It'll be fur with denim, classic with street," Beyonce said.
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Washington Post
Who knows why Hillary described herself wearing "a pair of dirty denim bell-bottoms, a never-ironed work shirt and a beautiful purple felt hat with a purple polka-dotted scarf streaming off it" or what she meant when she called herself a...