defoliate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v strip the leaves or branches from
defoliate the trees with pesticides
- s deprived of leaves
- Gypsy moths would again defoliate the forests of the Northeast.
- Said he: "We defoliate every day.
- For 14 years now, veterans' groups have charged that the herbicide used to defoliate the jungle canopy was toxic to soldiers.
News & Articles
- Don't OK expanded use of herbicide
The federal government is proposing to eliminate restrictions on genetically engineered corn and soybean seeds that are processed to resist the use of a potent weed killer known as “2,4-D,” an herbicide that was a component included in “Agent Orange” used extensively in the Vietnam War to defoliate tropical undergrowth in that country.
Jan. 30, 2014 - The Journal News