- n the first light of day
we got up before dawn
- n the earliest period
the dawn of civilization
- n an opening time period
it was the dawn of the Roman Empire
- v become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions
It dawned on him that she had betrayed him
- v appear or develop
The age of computers had dawned
- v become light
It started to dawn, and we had to get up
- As dawn broke, a thick mist rolled across the pastureland around the Dutch hamlet of De Punt, enveloping the motionless yellow train.
- The first faint flush of light that sometimes precedes the dawn is called the false dawn.
- You may feel a bit like a financial vulture visiting these countries but, hey, this may be the dawn of Depression 2.
News & Articles
- Golden Dawn Permitted to Conduct Underground Drilling on Greenwood Precious Metal Project, BC; Shares Up From Yr Low
Golden Dawn Permitted to Conduct Underground Drilling on Greenwood Precious Metal Project, BC; Shares Up From Yr Low
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Dawn Marie Topel
ONALASKA — Dawn Marie Topel, 66, of Onalaska, passed away suddenly on Saturday, June 8, 2013, at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse. She was born on April 5, 1947, to Walter and Irene (Steel…
June 11, 2013 - Onalaska Holmen Courier-Life
- 'Red Dawn' Star Josh Peck in Talks to Join Al Pacino in 'Imagine' (Exclusive)
By Jeff Sneider LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - "Red Dawn" star Josh Peck is in talks to join Al Pacino in Dan Fogelman's directorial debut "Imagine," TheWrap has learned. Based on a true story, "Imagine" finds Pacino playing an aging musician who is prompted by an old letter from John Lennon to give up his rockstar lifestyle and reconnect with the son (Bobby Cannavale) he has never met. The all ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Voice of America
Every evening that the sun sets on a tranquil town, every dawn that a flag is unfurled, every moment that an American enjoys life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - that is their legacy,said President Obama.
- Lee Myung-bak in StarPhoenix
Sixty years ago, North Korea's communists opened fire on a weekend's dawn when all people were sleeping peacefully,he said.
- Michael Steele in McClatchy Washington Bureau
This is the dawn of a new party moving in a new direction,Steele said after his win.