daunting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v cause to lose courage
- s discouraging through fear
- Sharing his fervor, his tattered guerrillas vaulted daunting obstacles to crush France's desperate attempt to retrieve its empire in Indochina; later, built into a largely .
- They face a daunting array of hardships, from spousal domination at home to gender discrimination in the workplace, and even if they happen to agree that the veil symbolizes their .
- That means limiting the expansion of agriculture, a daunting task as the world's population keeps expanding.
News & Articles
- Defensemen confident in approach to series
CHICAGO — Trying to shut down the Chicago Blackhawks is a daunting task for any defenseman. The names alone — Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa — are intimidating. But the defensemen on this Bruins team are not easily scared.
June 12, 2013 - Boston Herald
- 'Most Dope' Rough Cuts: Mac Miller Can't Decide Which Pooch To Purchase [Video]
Squeezing countless hours of Mac Miller footage into only six "Most Dope Family" episodes was a daunting task for MTV2, and as you'd expect, a lot of great moments didn't make the final cut. But don't worry -- they're not going to waste! While you await the series' return, check in with Remote Control each week for never-before-seen video of [...]
June 11, 2013 - MTV
- USA vs. Panama Beer of the Day: 21st Amendment's "Hell or High Watermelon"
A win tonight makes the tougher, revenge match against Honduras in Sandy, Utah look less daunting. Bottom line: do work, get a result. For today's game day beer recommendation we're going to play a little six degrees of separation.
June 11, 2013 - Philly.com
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Washington Post
He accepted the enormous responsibilities of the Presidency during a dark hour in our history, fully knowing the daunting challenge he faced,Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said. "No man could have been better suited to the task of healing our...
- President Bush in Guardian Unlimited
It's a tough time and its a difficult moment for America and Great Britain and the task before us is daunting,Bush said a day after a bipartisan commission said his war policies have failed and called for a change in strategy.