- n artifact consisting of soft or resilient material used to fill or give shape or protect or add comfort
- v protect from impact
- Cushioning doesn't seem to reduce foot impact, he's told in the book by the very few doctors who've studied this stuff.
- Microprocessor-controlled cushioning then adjusts the heels' stiffness so they become more rigid on dirt trails, for example, and softer on pavement or when you're walking.
- The Power Trainer is for the bulky guys; it comes with extra cushioning at the bottom to absorb the downward force of a squat thrust.
News & Articles
- Tanzania current account deficit narrows 13 pct in year to April
DAR ES SALAAM (Reuters) - Tanzania's current account deficit narrowed by 13.3 percent in the year to April, with stronger tourism, manufacturing and agricultural output and earnings cushioning a decline in gold exports, its central bank said on Friday. The current account deficit narrowed to $3.94 billion in the 12 months to April from $4.54 billion during the same period last year. The bank did ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Loose Fill Bag meets sustainability requirements.
Intended for cushioning and void-fill shipping applications, PakNatural® Biodegradable Cushion Bag encases Sealed Air’s PakNatural loose fill solution within protective film made from biodegradable, compostable, and renewable material. Resulting bags exhibit non-abrasive properties, and no equipment is necessary. Available in 3 sizes, protective packaging solution suits operations that ...
June 13, 2013 - ThomasNet
- ConsumerWatch: UPS Customer Caught Off Guard By ‘Insurance’ Claim Denial
Byron Gee of San Francisco thought he did everything right when he recently shipped two headlights cross-country via UPS. The San Francisco chef re-packaged the headlights in their original boxes and added extra newspaper for cushioning. He made sure there was foam covering the edges of the headlights so they wouldn’t scratch. And when the clerk at his local UPS store asked him if he wanted to ...
June 11, 2013 - CBS San Francisco
- Howard Schultz in Reuters Canada
The international business is cushioning the weakness in America at the moment,Schultz said.
- Brendan Barber in Times Online
Brendan Barber, general secretary of the TUC, said: "There will be worries about whether employees who took up this option could end up losing redundancy rights and the big cut in income they will face, without any cushioning redundancy pay for the...