- n a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
- One of the outcomes of the 1997 Asian economic crisis was that the once revered taipan became closely associated with crony capitalism, and crony capitaliststhat cloistered .
- The stories have embarrassed the government of Sarit's successor and old crony, General Thanom Kittakachorn, who appointed a five-man committee to investigate the charges.
- In an article appearing in the January Penthouse, John Wesley Fletcher, a former Bakker crony, details homosexual encounters with Bakker, claiming that he also procured other young .
News & Articles
- LETTER: Obama’s Baffling Support
When I examine the first five years of the Obama presidency, I see huge government outlays for food stamps; unemployment compensation; subsidies for crony corporations; bailouts for multinational banks; the creation of even more bureaucracies; a continued outpouring of foreign aid; and, finally, the introduction of his signature accomplishment: Obamacare. This final extravagance will make health ...
June 22, 2013 - Flathead Beacon
- Brazil's Government Between Rock And A Hard Place
Brazil's Workers' Party government has its work cut out for them. The country is mired in its biggest mass protests since 1992, when millions demanded the ouster of crony capitalist president Fernando Collor.
June 21, 2013 - Forbes
- Kosha Dillz ft. Rapper Pooh: West Coast Flavor (Music Video)
Kosha Dillz is going-going back-back to Cali-Cali, and this time he's brought his crony, Rapper Pooh, along for the ride. Produced by Matty Trump (the acclaimed producer of Sam Adam's debut album, Boston's Boy ) and directed by Matthew Vaughan, "West Coast Flavor" is a must for your summer playlist.
June 20, 2013 - Baller Status
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
The economic crisis, Obama said, is "a stark reminder of the failures of crony capitalism and an economic philosophy that sees any regulation at all as unwise and unnecessary."
- Helen Zille in Independent Online
In fact, Zille said, Malema was the logical but disturbing product of a "closed crony system" that had evolved in the ANC around party leader Jacob Zuma.
- Charles Krauthammer in New York Times
Pat Buchanan told Keith Olbermann that conservatives were "agonized," "depressed" and "virtually heartbroken," and Charles Krauthammer wrote: "If Harriet Miers were not a crony of the president of the United States, her nomination to the Supreme...