brother : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a male with the same parents as someone else
my brother still lives with our parents
- n a male person who is a fellow member (of a fraternity or religion or other group)
none of his brothers would betray him
- n a close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities
- n used as a term of address for those male persons engaged in the same movement
- n (Roman Catholic Church) a title given to a monk and used as form of address
- The Cuban dictator's brother has long been known as Fidel's enforcer.
- An Aramaic inscription on the box reads "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus".
- Plently of scrapes for the exfirst brother-in-law .
News & Articles
- Big BrotherReveals New Cast
Big Brotherreveals new cast which features former house villain Rachel Reilly's sister, Elissa Slater.
June 21, 2013 - News Ticker via omg!
- Big Brother 15: Twists And What’s New This Season
The ingenious producers of Big Brother are working hard to bring fun and exciting twists to each season of the show. Our blogger Mark Drum has his take on what's new for season 15.
June 21, 2013 - CBS Detroit
- Brother of man attacked by black bear in NW Wisconsin says victim's face crushed
SHELL LAKE, Wis. — The brother of a man attacked by a black bear in northwestern Wisconsin says he has a long road to recovery. Bob Brown says his brother, Jerry, lost his left eye when the bear attacked outside a cabin near Shell Lake Monday night.
June 20, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Paul McCartney in New York Times
I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news,the music producer Quincy Jones said in a statement. "I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him."
- Shane Lynch in guardian.co.uk
The band - Keating, Keith Duffy, Mikey Graham and Shane Lynch - said in a statement: "We are completely devastated by the loss of our friend and brother, Stephen. We have shared such wonderful times together over the years and were all looking...