- n needlework done by interlocking looped stitches with a hooked needle
- n creating a garment of needlework
- v create by looping or crocheting
- v make a piece of needlework by interlocking and looping thread with a hooked needle
She sat there crocheting all day
- She has a real connectedness, in my opinion, to what used to be called women's workquilting, crocheting, knittingactivities in which small units go together to make bigger .
- Only boy in a family of several girls, he early learned crocheting, a feat much stressed by his political opponents in the recent campaign.
- Barfield spent her last months crocheting dolls for two of her grandchildren, reading religious literature and talking to reporters, who dubbed her the Death Row Granny.
News & Articles
- La Grange studio shows knitting not just for grandmas anymore
LA GRANGE — Sitting in the shade of a patio umbrella in front of Idea Studio with seven other knitting and crocheting enthusiasts, Pam Kidd worked on a loose-knit scarf in shades of brown and gold. “I’ve been knitting since I was a little girl with my grandmother, hence under the arm,” she said. Attracted by the creative displays of domestic and international artisan wools, Kidd is one of many ...
June 12, 2013 - The Doings Clarendon Hills
- Saturday Marks Kickoff of International Knit in Public Week; SIUE University Museum to Host Knitting Activities
The Southern Illinois University Edwardsville University Museum is using International Knit in Public Week to seek donations from around the world of knitting and crocheting works to display October 17 as part of an “art bomb” on the SIUE campus. The event will coincide with the Midwest Artists Art Symposium. (PRWeb June 07, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6 ...
June 8, 2013 - PRWeb
- Events at the Brookline Library
n Knit and Crochet: The knitting, crocheting and cross-stitch group meets 6 p.m. Mondays.
June 6, 2013 - Hollis Brookline Journal
- Margaret Wertheim in guardian.co.uk
There's no question,says Wertheim, "that in the hierarchy of our society, science is up here and girls crocheting is down there. For many of the women who come, it's immensely uplifting to hear women's work 'legitimated', as it were, by...
- Ernest Jones in The Age
As Freud's grandson Ernest recalled, they "spent much time in each other's company ...... one was knitting or sewing, the other was busy with crocheting".