- n disapproval expressed by pointing out faults or shortcomings
the senator received severe criticism from his opponent
- n a serious examination and judgment of something
constructive criticism is always appreciated
- n a written evaluation of a work of literature
- The recent storm of criticism the dam has garnered could be a result of political jockeying in the run-up to next week's Communist Party Congress, a five-yearly event in which .
- Taiwan's premier resigned Monday amid strong criticism of the government's slow response to the most devastating storm to hit the island in 50 years, and the president immediately .
- In response to a torrent of criticism, originated and directed by Fox News's Glenn Beck, White House adviser Van Jones has apologized for some of his past statements and distanced .
News & Articles
- Hungary Rejects Democracy Criticism as Commission Meets
Hungary’s government rejected criticism of its new constitution even before European legal experts met today to approve an opinion that the European Union executive said Prime Minister Viktor Orban must respect.
June 14, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Vietnam arrests well-known blogger for criticism
Vietnamese police have arrested one of the country's best known bloggers for posting criticism of the communist government, intensifying a crackdown against Internet-fuelled dissent in the one-party, authoritarian ...
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Criticism doesn’t matter to Tony Romo
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is no stranger to criticism. This offseason alone, he’s heard it explicitly from Donovan McNabb after signing his new contract and implicitly from Cowboys owner Jerry Jones when Jones pointed out things he wanted to see Romo do more of in the coming years. There are plenty of brickbats from fans…
June 12, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- John McCain in FOXNews
As many of you know I've been called a maverick, somebody who marches to the beat of his own drum and sometimes it's meant as a compliment and sometimes it's meant as a criticism,McCain told more than 1,000 voters in a high school gymnasium...
- Edward Kennedy in Seattle Times
There was another time, when another young candidate was running for president and challenging America to cross a New Frontier,Kennedy said. "He faced public criticism from the preceding Democratic president, who was widely respected in...
- Tony Hayward in BusinessWeek
The Financial Times today quoted Hayward as saying in an interview that it is "an entirely fair criticism" that BP hadn't been fully prepared for an oil leak in deep water.