- n an athlete who plays cricket
- Recently a group of British voters invited Jack Hobbs, famed professional cricketer, to stand for Parliament.
- But he doesn't hide the apron strings endearingly attached to his cricketer's blazer.
- Hansie Cronje was a cricketer's cricketer.
News & Articles
- Australia’s David Warner Is Suspended Until First Ashes Test
Australia opening batsman David Warner was suspended until the first Ashes Test next month after an “unprovoked physical attack” on England cricketer Joe Root in a Birmingham bar.
June 13, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Cricket-Yorkshire teen breaks 91-year county age record
LONDON, June 10 (Reuters) - Teenager Matthew Fisher turned his thoughts to schoolwork and a pending French oral exam after becoming the youngest cricketer in 91 years to play in a competitive English county match on Sunday. The seamer, aged 15 years and 212 days, turned out for Yorkshire in a three-wicket defeat by Leicestershire and took one for 40 from seven overs as well as scoring 10 runs ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Kevin Pietersen in Expressindia.com
As an England cricketer the Ashes are the pinnacle of the game so I'm absolutely devastated to be missing the rest of this series,Pietersen said. "Up until now the Achilles injury has been manageable but it recently reached the point where...
- Shane Warne in The Press Association
On off-spinner Swann, Warne added: "He is the most improved cricketer. He mixes his pace, he's not afraid to be hit, he's learning all the time in difficult conditions. As a spinner, he needs to know how to take wickets at the crucial times. There...
- Tom Izzo in SportingNews.com
Andrew Symonds was stood down for disciplinary reasons in Darwin and is now going through a process......designed to give him time to assess whether he is fully committed to all of the things needed for a cricketer to be a member of the world's... Andrew Hilditch http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Hilditch&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGVyqcgelb1mFUKO1OQ0cWSPEvZ1Q Reuters India http://www.google.com/url?q=http://in.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idINSP11804720080912&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGOPOJL8mYDneqC5SypWWT-TrZdQg Sep 11, 2008
23544 31537 crier Nothing good will be said and nothing good will come out of my mouth and so I will look like a whiner and a crier," Izzo said. "But they beat us and they played awfully well."