- n a hired hand who tends cattle and performs other duties on horseback
- He spent $5 for a shingle, collected a $5 fee from a cowman client a few moments later.
- Waggoner, oldtime Texas cowman and oil millionaire, told the crowd his millions were behind the bank; the governor of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas arrived, announced all .
- A cowman's contemptuous word for oleomargarine is bull butter.
- Aldo Leopold in Sydney Morning Herald
We all strive for safety, prosperity, comfort, long life and dullness,Leopold wrote. "The deer strives with its supple legs, the cowman with trap and poison, the statesman with pen, the most of us with machines, votes and dollars - but it...