cowl : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine
the mechanic removed the cowling in order to repair the plane's engine
- n a loose hood or hooded robe (as worn by a monk)
- v cover with or as with a cowl
cowl the boys and veil the girls
- Its gear shift is a handgrip extending from the cowl instead of a lever from the floor.
- The cowl, shaped like a huge bowl, fits over the cylinders back of the propeller and over the entire motor.
- Sculptor Eugene Romeo will reduce the Franciscan hat to a skullcap, take the fullness out of the robe, remove the monk's cowl, incise a flat cincture about the waist.
News & Articles
- Reconstructing crimes in Batman: Arkham Origins
Warner Bros. Montreal is bringing a new side-mission distraction to Batman: Arkham Origins that will pique the interests of those who've enjoyed the forensic focus of Rocksteady's games. At E3 I put on my detective cowl to try out the new "Crime Reconstruction" mechanic. It began, as it so often does, on a rooftop on a cold Gotham night. As Batman, I saw a police helicopter rise from behind the ...
June 14, 2013 - Joystiq
- Kyle Busch in TMCnet
You sweated, but big deal, you can put up with that. The cowl, however, in order to look the way that it looks - and it looks fantastic - it had to be very, very tight. Getting that thing on was like getting into a wine bottle; it was very, very... Christian Bale http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Bale&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGa_5bd57ndXRT0QleDx2VdVZMb-Q MTV.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1504050/06132005/story.jhtml&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNESjD8DgNwz9x3Fq2C3D9uCbSKMTw Jun 14, 2005
23081 30989 cowl The tape on the cowl didn't get air through the carburetor," Busch explained, "and we stunk all day."