cornered : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v gain control over
- v force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape
- v turn a corner
- s forced to turn and face attackers
she had me cornered between the porch and her car
- When a reporter cornered Sanford in the Atlanta airport June 24, however, the governor revealed that he'd been in Buenos Aires.
- Pooh-poohing any notion that he was cornered, Trump insisted last week that the talks were friendly.
- But unlike Garbo, who was often cornered by paparazzi in her Manhattan neighborhood, Bettie seemingly did disappear.
News & Articles
- Bruins try to make own mark in Westwood
On the baseball diamond, they're cornered by the Angels — with Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton — and Magic Johnson's Dodgers.
June 23, 2013 - The Clarion-Ledger
- UCLA demands the spotlight in CWS
On the baseball diamond, they sit cornered by the Angels with Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton and in the midst of Magic Johnson and the Dodgers.
June 23, 2013 - The Lafayette Daily Advertiser
- Sheriff log: Subject cornered in his garage by vicious dog
Date of Report: 6/20/2013 Time of Report: 17:40 Deputy Name: Galletti, Donna Report Number: 03731-13 Charges: M-2 Suspect Arrested Y/N: No Arrestee: None Location: pebble beach Synopsis: RP reported being cornered in his garage by a vicious dog on Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 1700 hours.
June 21, 2013 - The Monterey County Herald