- n a tall perennial woody plant having a main trunk and branches forming a distinct elevated crown; includes both gymnosperms and angiosperms
- n a figure that branches from a single root
- n English actor and theatrical producer noted for his lavish productions of Shakespeare (1853-1917)
- v force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape
- v plant with trees
this lot should be treed so that the house will be shaded in summer
- v chase an animal up a tree
the hunters treed the bear with dogs and killed it
her dog likes to tree squirrels
- v stretch (a shoe) on a shoetree
- None of the seven acacia trees in the front yard of Sam Morse's home in La Feria, Texas, seem different from any of the othersor from their countless cousins that thrive in the.
- If you want to be as eco-savvy as possible this holiday season, get a real tree then replant it.
- The recycled trees kept the new dune in place through last winter.