- v make (someone) agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something
- a causing one to believe the truth of something
a convincing story
a convincing manner
- With so much Photoshopping going around, it has to be really convincing and seamless when you do it (while, of course, letting the reader know that it is a photo-illustration).
- Another story features the only convincing and sensitive portrait of a conservative, religious-minded "red state" character I have ever seen in the medium.
- That means making moneymostly through advertisingand convincing the TV, movie and music executives who find copyrighted material on YouTube that it's a revenue opportunity .
News & Articles
- Book Review: Clear and Convincing Evidence: My Career in Intellectual Property Law - by George Gerstman
Book Review: Clear and Convincing Evidence: My Career in Intellectual Property Law - by George Gerstman Seattle Post-Intelligencer Copyright 2013 Seattle Post-Intelligencer. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 10:00 pm, Tuesday, June 11, 2013 If being a Barrister is in your future, then this is a must read.
June 15, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Russia Says Evidence of Syrian Chemical Weapons Is 'Not Convincing'
Officials in Moscow say they've seen the evidence the U.S. says is proof that Syria has used chemical weapons, but its not going to be enough to get the Russians to turn their back on their man. Yury Ushakov, an aide to President Vladimir Putin, said on the Friday that American sources have shown them the intelligence "but frankly we thought that it was not convincing."
June 14, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Russia: U.S. claims of Syrian chemical arms use unconvincing
By Alexei Anishchuk MOSCOW (Reuters) - Information that the United States has given Russia about suspected use of chemical weapons by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's forces "does not look convincing", President Vladimir Putin's senior foreign policy adviser said on Friday. Yuri Ushakov said more U.S. military support for Assad's opponents would undermine joint efforts to bring together Syrian ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Los Angeles Times
This announcement is as convincing an answer to the efforts undertaken by Iran over the last few days as any we could provide,Clinton said.
- President Bush in Sydney Morning Herald
I think that if John is the nominee,Bush said on Sunday on Fox News, "he's got some convincing to do to convince people he is a solid conservative. And I'll be glad to help him if he's the nominee, because he is a conservative."
- Joachim Loew in Sportinglife.com
Low then predicted: "I am confident they will win the title. Spain are a wonderful team. They are the masters of the game. You can see it in every pass. They can hardly be beaten. They are extremely calm and convincing. Spain were just better than...