- v make (someone) agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something
He had finally convinced several customers of the advantages of his product
- They have got to tell the worldand convince myselfthat I am all there.
- When the cops started asking questions, Dahmer was able to convince the police that it was merely a lovers' quarrel.
- The most delightfully bizarre kids' show since Pee-Wee's Playhouse is a marriage of club music, edgy animation and surreal imagery that will convince you someone slipped .
News & Articles
- Rochelle Riley: Orr's job is to convince taxpayers he's working for them
If there is anything at which Kevyn Orr needs to succeed to keep Detroit out of bankruptcy, it is this: He must convince the city's taxpayers and voters that his team is working for them, in their best interest. He must make taxpayers and voters understand, including those who think the city's financial crisis is manufactured, that he is trying to end years of borrowing to survive, borrowing to ...
June 15, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Ball bat beating report brings Topeka police
Two men struck out Saturday when they tried to convince Topeka police another man had beaten them with a baseball bat. Police Sgt. Jay Junghans gave this account: Officers responding to a call received at 3:54 p.m.
June 15, 2013 - The Topeka Capital-Journal
- A Bunch of Celebrities Band Together to Convince the World MySpace Is Cool
The powers that be at MySpace are doing everything they can to convince you that the once-dopey social networking site is now the coolest place on the Internet. And there's nothing cooler than a party on a bare white soundstage, right? With celebrities, of course. Pharrell, Mac Miller, Erin Wasson, Sky Ferreira, Iggy Azalea, RiFF RaFF, Ciara, Charli XCX, and Zedd are just a few of the famous ...
June 13, 2013 - Zimbio
- President Bush in Sydney Morning Herald
I think that if John is the nominee,Bush said on Sunday on Fox News, "he's got some convincing to do to convince people he is a solid conservative. And I'll be glad to help him if he's the nominee, because he is a conservative."
- Barack Obama in Freaky Gossip (blog)
A non-violent movement could not have stoped Hitler's armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda's leaders to lay down their arms, Obama said. "To say that force is sometimes necessary is not a call to cynicism; it is a recognition of...
- Lindsey Graham in The Associated Press
She'll have to convince me that all of this liberalism that she's lived with all her life can be put in a proper place and when she gets to be a judge she'll be left of center but within the mainstream of judging,Sen. Lindsey Graham, RS.C.,...