convinced : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make (someone) agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something
He had finally convinced several customers of the advantages of his product
- s persuaded of; very sure
were convinced that it would be to their advantage to join
- a having a strong belief or conviction
a convinced and fanatical pacifist
- Lake is convinced that Hatfill must have an unimpeachable alibi or the FBI would have hauled him in months ago.
- Representative Watson is also convinced that the mercury in the "silver" (really amalgam) fillings used by dentists around the world is hazardous to the health of everyone with .
- He is convinced there is room for two airlines in the air-minded Territory, where 350,000 passengers flew among the islands last year.
News & Articles
- It's A Massacre- Each Day 134 Retail Outlets Close In Italy
If anyone is still not convinced that surging stock bourses in Europe are indicative of anything more than central bank liquidity, carry trade allocation and localized asset bubbles, we present a snapshot of what is actually happening on the ground via Italy's Ansa : " It's a massacre ," said Confesercenti President Marco Venturi. " Each day 134 shops, restaurants and bars close in recession-hit ...
June 19, 2013 - Zero Hedge
Scott Gerber is convinced he’s found the perfect new home for his Tube Dudes to hang out. After six months on Main Street, Gerber moved his Tube Dude showroom to 26 N. Blvd. of the Presidents on St. Armands Circle.
June 19, 2013 - The Longboat Observer
- Small Business Week Special: What My Drycleaner Taught Me About Customer Service
Several years ago I was convinced the only thing I needed to know about my drycleaner was how much it was going to cost to get my suits cleaned and my shirts pressed. That was before I met Penny.
June 18, 2013 - Forbes
- Tiger Wood in Montreal Gazette
But the most telling aspect of what Woods said, and which leads one to believe he truly was sincere, was this: "I knew my actions were wrong, but I convinced myself that normal rules didn't apply. I never thought about who I was hurting. Instead, I...
- Barack Obama in Herald Sun
I make this decision because I am convinced that our security is at stake in Afghanistan and Pakistan. This is the epicentre of the violent extremism practiced by al-Qaeda,Mr Obama said, unveiling his new strategy for turning around the war...
- Linda Lingle in CNN
I am vetoing this bill because I have become convinced that this issue is of such significant societal importance that it deserves to be decided directly by all the people of Hawaii,Lingle said. "The subject of this legislation has touched...