converted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v change from one system to another or to a new plan or policy
We converted from 220 to 110 Volt
- v change the nature, purpose, or function of something
- v change religious beliefs, or adopt a religious belief
She converted to Buddhism
- v exchange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category
- v cause to adopt a new or different faith
The missionaries converted the Indian population
- v score an extra point or points after touchdown by kicking the ball through the uprights or advancing the ball into the end zone
Smith converted and his team won
- v complete successfully
- v score (a spare)
- v make (someone) agree, understand, or realize the truth or validity of something
- v exchange a penalty for a less severe one
- v change in nature, purpose, or function; undergo a chemical change
- s spiritually reborn or converted
- Ethanol's already penalized "when forests are converted to crop fields for ethanol and biofuels," and they don't argue against that penalty.
- Marco Grob for PTI This past spring, however, after several decades as a nominal Southern Baptist, Gingrich converted to Catholicism.
- To be sure, he is only a half-Jew by heredity and a converted Jewan Episcopalianby his practicing faith.
News & Articles
- Markovich second at nationals
Recent Hawken graduate and Division III 1,600-meter state champion Ally Markovich took second in the Emerging Elite Division two-mile race Saturday night during New Balance Nationals in North Carolina. Markovich recorded a time of 10 minutes, 50.88 seconds and was one of five runners to surpass the previous meet standard of 10:54.32. Converted to a 3,200, Markovich's time would be a 10:47.1.
June 16, 2013 - The News-Herald
- Sunday: Oklahoma trying to sell unused property
The 6,500-square-foot building at 811 N. Sheridan was acquired by the Oklahoma Educational Television Authority in 1984 and converted to a studio and offices. It is now vacant.
June 15, 2013 - Tulsa World
- With renovations complete, Odebolt school museum unveiled in downtown
In 2011, an old building moved into downtown Odebolt, Iowa. From 1883 until 1951, it was a school house. Then, it became a 4H meeting place, before being converted into a livestock building on a farm.
June 15, 2013 - KTIV Sioux City
- Pope Benedict XVI in International Herald Tribune
Thanks to preaching about the resurrection, "thousands and thousands of persons converted to Christianity," Benedict told the crowd.
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
My grandfather, who was Kenyan, converted to Christianity, then converted to Islam,Obama said Sunday. "My father never practiced; he was basically agnostic. So, other than my name and the fact that I lived in a populous Muslim country for...
- President Bush in Reuters
I got his attention with a letter and he can get my attention by fully disclosing his programs, including any plutonium he may have processed and converted, into whatever he's used it for. We just need to know,Bush told reporters after...