- n a woman who cohabits with an important man
- She is the "second concubine"; the wife and the first concubine plot against each other and her.
- The movies tiny dramatic kernel involves Hervs wordless one-time liaison with Hara Jubeis beautiful concubine, which leaves him feeling obsessed and guilty.
- Mutsuhito's mother was a court lady fortunate enough to become an imperial concubine.
- Helen Zille in Independent Online
I have had so much abuse poured on me I have almost become used to it. I have been called a 'racist little girl', an apartheid spy, a concubine whore, a lesbian who is having affairs with all male members of her cabinet - you name it,Zille said.
- MÃ©i LÃ¡nfÄng in JoongAng Daily
Immediately after the performance Mei said with affection, "I have performed 'Farewell My Concubine' more than 1,000 times, but it has never felt gratifying before."
- Leon Lai in ì¤‘ì•™ë°ì¼ë¦¬
I expect many will compare me with Leslie Cheung [star of Farewell My Concubine], but I feel no pressure about that,said Lai, who stars as Mei Lanfang, during a press conference last Tuesday at the CGV Multiplex in Wangsimni, eastern Seoul.